Submit to The Grove Review
The Grove Review is more than a book or a journal; it is a compendium of work from some the most talented literary and visual artists in the country. We welcome you to submit your poetry, short fiction, or visual art for consideration.
We accept online and hard copy submissions.
To submit online, please click here
Mail submissions to our respective poetry, fiction, or visual art editor at 1631 NE Broadway, PMB #137, Portland, Oregon 97232. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
Poetry: Lara Jones
Fiction: Kristin Leigh
Art: Sarah LaPonte
Please follow these guidelines when submitting material:
- Submit your work by regular mail only (not certified or registered, please).
- Do not submit manuscripts by email; only submissions received by mail will be considered for publication.
- The Grove Review accepts poetry, fiction no greater than 5,000 words, B&W photographs, lithographs, woodcuts, linocuts, screen-prints, and other forms of printmaking. Please submit only 3 to 6 poems at a time. Submit only 1 work of fiction at a time. Monochromatic visual art is preferable, but color art that is easily translatable to grayscale is also considered for publication. We require high-resolution digital files that are at least 300 dpi and 5.5 inches wide.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE). Submissions without a SASE will not receive a response. Please note that, due to our editorial process, all submission material will be recycled.
- Please allow 4 to 6 months for a response prior to inquiring about the status of your submission. We are generally unable to offer comments or suggestions on manuscripts.
- Please specify if you are submitting simultaneously.
- We pay on acceptance an honorarium of $50, plus two copies, for first North American serial rights (and The Grove Review anthology rights) only. We reserve the right to put your piece on our web site and in marketing material.
- We do not commission work.
- We entertain queries for reviews, criticism, novels, or interviews at any time.
- We are not responsible for any manuscripts or artwork. Please do not send your originals!